The Aims of St John’s Chapel Primary School
This is what we hope to achieve for our children.
- To provide a safe, well ordered and caring environment in which children can enjoy learning.
- To help each child to gain the values and beliefs, experiences, skills, ideas and knowledge to understand the world in which we live and so become an active,
- responsible and caring member of society.
- To guide children towards the knowledge and understanding that will enable them to adopt a lifestyle which is physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy.
- To give each child a sense of achievement and thereby build up confidence and a feeling of self-esteem.
- To develop a sense of wonder and enjoyment about the world in which we live.
- To help children to develop lively and enquiring minds and encourage them to develop their interests.
- To help children to express themselves effectively across the range of curriculum areas.
- To provide challenging teaching programmes, guidance and a range of opportunities designed to enable pupils to achieve their potential and to develop in children the will to produce their best work and so continually improve their standards.
- To help children to understand the importance of co-operation with others in work and play.
- To provide equal opportunities for pupils and encourage them to have non-discriminatory, non-stereotyped views of themselves and of others in society.
- To work in partnership with parents in the education of their children.